..: La Merienda Moments With MARS Chocolate's

Thursday, July 30, 2015

La Merienda Moments With MARS Chocolate's

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FunSizeMerienda #CollectiveBias


MARS Chocolates fun size, diy homework station, loteria, la merienda



I've already started some back to school shopping here and there. Yesterday I went to Walmart because this mom is on a budget and back to school shopping can get pretty costly. While I was there I remembered to pick up some MARS Chocolates in our favorite bag Caramel Lovers. I like having a bag of MARS Chocolates Fun Size  around the house for La Merienda. La merienda is a Latin American term for the time between breakfast and lunch or between noon and dinner, where you enjoy a light snack and take a moment to conversate.  This is the time when our family loves to catch up with each others day.

When it's time for homework, we have found having a homework station makes it uncomplicated. Before we started using a homework station Jon's pencil would break and of course, there would be no pencil in sight. By the time Jon found one, he would forget what he was even working on. This year we made a more portable homework station that he can move around from his room to anywhere around the house.




Supplies- You accommodate to your child's needs.


  • Pencils
  • Erasers
  • Crayons
  • Markers
  • Glue Sticks
  • Scissors
  • Notebook for scratch paper and learning spanish.
  • Trays
  • Pencil holder
  • Chalkboard, Puzzle things to keep little sister distracted.
  • MARS Chocolates Fun Size
Juli couldn't wait to get started. I think she is almost ready for preschool. You can start assembling your tray however you like.



All done pretty easy right!

When Jon is done with his homework he gets to enjoy la merienda and I ask him all about his day. What did he do at school?  What was his favorite part and what was his least favorite part of the day? 


During the weekend for la merienda the kids like to play Loteria which is a Mexican game similar to bingo except with pictures instead of numbers. I can always remember playing it when I was a little girl with my great grandmother and my cousins during the summer. It's a game we still continue to play during family get together's except we play for money. When we play Loteria with just the kids they win MARS Chocolates fun size.



Every day I cherish these special moments with Jon and Juli. They will only be kids for so long, then off to college into adulthood. Where hopefully they have these special moments with their children.


Leave me comment. Letting me know how you plan on enjoying your families sweet moments?