..: Let's Cook: Chile Verde

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Let's Cook: Chile Verde


Hello so for a while now i've been savoring the moment when I would get to try my moms chile verde (mouth waters even thinking about it)  and so far since I moved out on my own when I was 19 still hasn't happened. So the other day I just couldn't take my craving any longer and decided to make it myself. Which I haven't done before because I just thought it was a lot of ingredients and a lot of steps, but it wasn't that bad. Of course with many latin recipes there are many variations, I asked my mom what I needed and looked at this recipe here, and before I knew it I had my chile verde made it was absolutely delicious even though I only was able to eat a small portion. The only thing I would have changed is making it a little more spicy by adding more chiles we like things a little spicy at our house. I will definitely be making this again we don't really eat a lot of pork so i'm gonna try making it with chicken or even tofu next time.


Happy cooking!!