..: All in One Pot

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

All in One Pot

Last week I was at my nieces quinceƱiera practice and before I knew it it was almost 7:30. I still had to go home and cook dinner and of course I forgot to take something out to defrost. Since we did have a fridge full of food, I didn't want to get fast food. I hopped online and came across this recipe. It was   sooo good and such a hit in our home I made it twice in one week. I changed up somethings with stuff I had on hand. I would definitely recommend this recipe if you are in a time crunch and want something done fast and delicious.







One Pot Pasta
Prep time 5 min.
Cook time 15 min.
Servings 6

Ingredients 
  • 1 pound spaghetti
  • 1 (12.8-ounce) package smoked andouille sausage, thinly sliced
  • 1 large onion, thinly sliced
  • 3 cups halved grape tomatoes (I just chopped 2 regular tomatoes)
  • 1 cup chopped green bell peppers (optional)
  • 2 cups fresh basil leaves, loosely packed (I used spinach, its what I had)
  • -Since I used spinach in place of the fresh basil, I used 1 tbs of dry basil
  • 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 1 cup grated Parmesan

INSTRUCTIONS
  • In a large stockpot over medium high heat, combine spaghetti, sausage, onion, tomatoes, basil, garlic and 4 1/2 cups water; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
  • Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until pasta is cooked through and liquid has reduced, about 8-10 minutes. Stir in Parmesan.
  • Serve immediately.

Adapted from Damn Delicious


Enjoy!