..: Top 5 Ice Cream Spots In Sacramento

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Top 5 Ice Cream Spots In Sacramento

Every year our local news station KCRA does a best list of  the local Sacramento region the best places to eat, drink, shop, gamble all kinds of things. They are voted on by the customers this year they had more than 207,000 votes. With the warm weather here I thought I would share with you guys the top five ice cream places. 


 #1 Leatherby's Family Creamery they have multiple locations I have only been to the one on Arden Way. Since I was little my family and I would always go on those long hot summer nights and grab a sundae. I haven't been in a long time since before we moved to the Bay Area.

         The last time we went Jon was 4

"Since 1982 customers from all over Northern California have flocked to Leatherby’s for enormous sundaes, great food, and a fabulous family atmosphere..." 


2333 Arden WaySacramento CA 95825
(916) 927-5566
For hours and other locations 



   #2 Gunther's Ice Cream on Franklin Blvd. We use to live by this location and would stop all the time on Friday's after school for their daily hand made ice cream and their Mango real fruit freeze. My parents still live by there so I take Jon and Juli when I visit them.


                                                                                                                      My mom and Jon
"Gunther's Ice Cream has been a Sacramento Landmark since 1940. The Ice Cream is made on the premises daily using only the finest ingredients. The shop on Franklin Blvd. has a large variety of Ice Cream Flavors. They also sell Real Fruit Freezes, Shaved Ice, Sandwiches, Soups and Ice Cream Cakes.This Ice Cream Business has been a favorite hot spot for many generations."

Gunther's Ice Cream

2801 Franklin Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95818

Open Mon.-Sun.

10:00 am – 10:00 pm
  1. Website: http://gunthersicecream.com/

#3 Munnerlyn's Ice Creamery, I haven't tried this place, but I will make sure I do next time I pass by Pine Grove.  It seems like quite a unique ice cream place.

"We offer the only hand crafted frozen desserts in the area. We use the freshest local fruits and the highest quality ingredients in our ice cream. We use hormone and antibiotic free dairy only in our ice cream"
HoursMon: 2pm - 8pm | Wed-Sun: 2pm - 8pm

#4 I have been wanting to try this place forever, I have no idea why I haven't, I think we'll go tomorrow when Jon gets off school. My friend had her a small birthday dinner here, she said it was a lot of fun even though she's definitely not a kid. It seems like you would step back in time as soon as you step into this place. I can't wait until we go! 

"Farrell's Ice Cream Parlours - the place where "old time memories for a new generation" are made every day."

1625 Watt Ave.
Sacramento, CA 95864
916-972-8000

HOURS:
Monday - Thursday 11:00am-9:00pm
Friday and Saturday 11:00am-11:00pm
Sunday 11:00am-10:00pm



#5 Vics Ice Cream,  I remember going to Vics a couple times when I was in high school to get a delicious milkshake. When I pass by there it looks exactly the same and there's always a lot of people. Next time I'll have to try one of their pies or cakes.

"Since 1947, we’ve been serving our famous cones, pies, cakes, sandwiches and other soda fountain classics to multiple generations of Sacramentans. "


3199 Riverside BlvdSacramento CA 95818
(916) 448-0892
HoursMon-Thu: 10am - 8pm | Fri-Sat: 10am - 9pm | Sun: 11am - 8pm


Happy scooping! What's your favorite ice cream flavor?
        
              

Next post will be on Saturday May 30