..: Chocolate chip cookies

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Chocolate chip cookies

These Chocolate chip cookies are seriously the BEST cookies!! They are so soft and chewy, I can shamelessly probably eat all of them. I found the recipe on My Natural Family, when I was doing my 30 day Paleo challenge and have probably made them about 3 times since them. Jon and Juli love them and like helping me make them. 

I really kind of took to this type of baking using real ingredients, although at first I thought it was such a headache. I just didn't understand why I had to use so many different types of ingredients to make something so simple. I had to educate myself a lot when I did this challenge. I have to say now when I do bake something I like to use these alternative ingredients. It definitetly make me feel less guilty enjoying yummy treats like these cookies.

By the way Julian and I plan on doing another 30 days of this challenge. I'm so happy he's decided to do it with me. Like I said before I did like the challenge it really opened my eyes to read labels and look at all the unhealthy processed junk we were putting in our body. 








Makes about 20 small cookies
Prep: 30 Min. 
Cook Time: 15 Min.
Total time: 45 Min.
Ingredients
  • 1 C. Almond Flour
  • ¼ C. Coconut Flour (I used 2/4C.) 
  • ¼ C. Tapioca Flour (I did not use tapioca flour, I just added more coconut flour)
  • ½ teaspoon Salt
  • 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
  • ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
  • ¼ C. Pure Maple Syrup (I used Agave nectar)
  • ¼ C. Raw Honey
  • ½ C. Coconut Oil, Melted
  • 2 Eggs, room temperature
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla
  • 1¼ C. Paleo Chocolate Chips ( I found them at Whole Foods for about $4.00)
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or anon-stick mat.
  2. In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour,salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
  3. In another bowl, stir together the maple syrup, honey, coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla.
  4. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients, stirring together well. Add the chocolate chips , distributing well throughout the dough.
  5. Let the dough sit for 5-10 minutes so that the coconut flour can fully absorb the liquids.
  6. Using a 2 T. Scoop, place the cooking on the prepared baking sheets 2" apart.
  7. Bake cookies in preheated oven for 9-10 minutes, or until just starting to turn golden brown on top.
  8. Remove from the oven and let sit on the pan for 5 minutes.
  9. Remove carefully from pan with a spatula and store in an airtight container.



Enjoy!