..: How to..

Thursday, April 2, 2015

How to..




Last week I went over to a friends house for mommy talk and a play date. She asked me if I wanted an iced coffee, you know me I like my caffeine and can never turn a cup down. I asked her where she got it from, she said she had made it about a week ago. Huh, is it still good, does it still even taste like coffee I ask. It was very good!! so I decided to make my own batch of coffee concentrate.


What I used
I happened to have this brand of Folders Gourmet in Caramel in Drizzle on hand. I didn't really like the flavor in a warm brewed cup of coffee. So I thought I would just try it this way, I made the correct choice it tasted so much better cold.

  • I started with dumping the entire bag of coffee into the gallon of water and letting it sit in my fridge for 12 hours.

  • The next morning, I strained it using the coffee filters. Some people use cheese cloth or strain it twice. I just did it once and used the coffee filters because its what I had. I didn't see any left over coffee grounds in my pitcher when I was done.




  • When done straining just leave it in the fridge until ready to enjoy. I read it's good for up to 30 day's like it would last me that long.
  • Just pour over ice and enjoy. I can't believe it has taken me this long to try this, it's perfect for the warmer weather that's coming.





Have a nice day!!