..: Morning Coconut Flour Muffins

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Morning Coconut Flour Muffins






Its strange and does not happen very often, but sometimes I wake up in a wonderful mood (Hi i'm Mayra and i'm not a morning person like at all!!!) On these rare occasions I usually feel like baking something yummy. So I Finally I got a chance to use the coconut flour i've had in the pantry. I had held off on using coconut flour because it uses a lot of eggs, the eggs help bind the coconut flour together. I usually don't have enough for the recipe and this mom is to lazy to go to the store. I thought of maybe using an egg replacer, but have not read many positive reviews on doing that. 
I bought the coconut flour at whole foods. Although it might seem a little pricy a little goes a long way. Like this recipe it made 7 normal sized muffins. I liked this recipe because you can just add  pretty much anything you like dried fruits or nuts. Jon and Juli loved them, they were gone in one day. That was with me not drizzling the honey on top, totally forgot that part. 
Ingredients
  • 5 eggs
  • 1 cup applesauce
  • ½ cup coconut flour
  • 2-3 TBSP cinnamon
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
  • ¼ cup coconut oil
  • 2 T honey (optional)
  • 1/2 cup diced apples(optional)
  • slivered almonds(optional)
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. Grease a muffin pan with coconut oil.
  3. Put all ingredients into a medium sized bowl and mix with immersion blender or whisk until well mixed.
  4. Let sit 5 minutes.
  5. Use ⅓ cup measure to spoon into muffin tins.
  6. Bake 12-15 minutes until starting to brown and not soft when lightly touched on the top.
  7. Let cool 2 minutes, drizzle with honey (if desired) and serve.



Happy Baking!