..: Minnie Piñata

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Minnie Piñata

Hello everyone! I know Ive been a little m.i.a, but if you follow me on Instagram or Twitter you would know its because i've been super busy planning a party. Juliana's 3rd birthday party to be exact. It was the first time we were going to have a big party for her with both our families and friends. Her first and second birthday were low key since we didn't have family close by.  Here is the piñata I made for her party. It was my first time giving this a try and might be my last it was quite time consuming, maybe I would make something a little bit smaller.

Total time- 3 hours
I did about an hour a day

Cost- Less than $10

 Supplies Needed
Box cutter/ Precision Knife
Glue (I used Elmer's Glue)
Crepe streamers (I used 2 pink. 1 black)
Packaging tape for a strong hold
Round all purpose labels (I used Avery 3/4" diameter)
Black card stock for ears (Optional)
Pink card stock for bow (Optional



I started with an old Home Depot box we had laying around drew on a number 3



Cut out the number three and use it to trace another one and cut that one also.


Cut some extra strips of the cardboard, I cut mine about 2 1/2 inches


Start taping the strips to the sides



It gets a little tricky on the curves, so it helps to fold the cardboard so its easier to work with.


Then just tape the top


Start layering the crepe streamers, I did two layers for the pink the second layer I cut the bottom half of the strip. Then I just added the white Avery dots to the pink section.

I also added the ears made from black card stock and the bow from pink card stock. To the bow I added pink glitter and silver glitter to the center.

All done


What do you guys think? Have you guys ever attempted to make a piñata? I would love to know.

Have a great day!!